The airplane came with Cleveland wheels and brakes. Unfortunately, they were manufactured in 1962 and they showed it! The guide pins that the pad is supposed to slide in an out on were rusted and pitted. They're taped off with masking tape, but trust me when I say they didn't look much better than the rusty nuts holding them on. I purchased new guide pins (~$13 each) and new lock nuts.

I decided to paint my brake master cylinders. The top half has been painted grey to match the interior. The bottom half will be painted red for a little contrast.

Here's a close-up of the wheel pant attach bracket and the whole brake, disk, wheel and tire assembly. As it turns out, I installed a few things in the wrong sequence, but you can't really tell from this picture. I'll be sure to post updated pictures showing what I did wrong to help others avoid making the same mistakes as I did. Don't worry, the hardware-store bolts were eventually replaced with aircraft hardware. I just ran out of this particular sized bolt... an AN4-13A, if I remember correctly.