There were a few small dents in the leading edges. I decided I might as well smooth out what I could... Nothing was serious at all, it's just that the little dents really show when you put fresh, shiny paint on things.

I've been stripping the underside of the wings. For the most part I used a nylon brush and did one section at a time. I painted the stripper on and let it set for about 5-10 minutes before I started brushing it off. Surprisingly, it went pretty quickly. I used a HobbyAire respirator when I was doing this. At ~$500 the fresh air system isn't cheap, but it sure was nice to not be hacking up a lung at the end of the day.

We hung most of the smaller pieces inside the paint booth. The horizontal stabilizer is in the foreground. You can see that everything but the tips are taped off. The big thing the painter is working with in the background is not an airplane part--it's actually a truck tailgate that happened to be getting painted black at the same time as my rudder and horizontal stabilizer tips.

 

 

I had just started stripping the cockpit area in this picture. Oh the fun times that lay ahead.

The cockpit after a little more stripping. This was a real drag. It was a messy, smelly, time-consuming job. I keep looking at this pictures and wondering why it would take more than an afternoon to accomplish some of these tasks, but it really was time-consuming.

Here's the original look of the baggage compartment. I like my revised version much more better-er. To help with the perspective on this picture, consider that the fuselage is rolled on it's side. The bottom of the picture (where the drill is laying)  is actually the left side of the fuselage.