If I've learned anything from my previous blunders into the world of fiberglass, it's that you should have all your fabric and peel ply cut and ready to go before you break out the resin. I've found that the pizza cutter Olfa razor cutter along with the cutting mat and a carpenter's square works very well for cutting fiberglass cloth.

If you count closely, you'll see 6 pieces of fiberglass cloth laid out and ready to go. I planned on a minimum thickness of 3 layers of 6oz. cloth with overlaps at the leading and trailing edges for additional strength.

I've laid down all 6 pieces of cloth and have applied peel ply over the whole works. The only real gotcha I found from this process is that I should have left a corner sticking up somewhere to start peeling the peel ply. It was so saturated with resin that I had a hard time finding a loose spot to pick at with my fingernail to start peeling it off the cured fairing.

After a little sanding, I slathered the fairing with Superfil. Superfil is the coolest stuff ever as far as I'm concerned. It fills pinholes and sands easily.

After a couple of coats of Superfil with sanding after each coat, it was time to spray on some Evercoat Uro-Flo primer to see where I was at re: pinholes and other imperfections. I ended up applying 2 coats of primer and calling it good.

After the fairings themselves were finished, It was time to address the aluminum access panel that covers the gear leg attachment fittings. Since the nutplates were pre-existing, I had to use a hole duplicator to locate the holes. These things are surprisingly accurate. (It's the long black tool towards the right of the picture, for the unfamiliar.)