Here's the whole thing pulled off the mold. This is when the trimming, sanding and filling process will begin.

I've trimmed the new piece back to its approximate finished shape.

I've just laid the new piece back on the mold for safe-keeping. I did this during the winter months so the resin is slow to completely cure. "Storing" the piece back on the mold helps to ensure that it retains its shape as the cure continues. I could accelerate the cure by keeping my hangar at 70 degrees 24 hours a day, but that would be expensive--and there's always something else I can be doing while waiting for fiberglass to cure!

Here's the lower cowling re-attached to the fuselage with the new tunnel clecoed in place.

The next step was for me to create the inlet lip. I didn't want a sharp edge on the inlet. I guess I forgot to take a picture of the mold setup, but I used a piece of rubber tubing split down the middle to form the leading edge. I added a little modeling clay to form the edges. In hindsight, I guess it may have been easier to carve it out of a foam block. Oh well, it's done now!

I laid this piece up using a few layers of very light (~1.5oz) cloth first and then built it up using smaller pieces of 6oz. cloth. The light stuff really bends around the corners well. After the main piece came out of the mold, I sanded the leading edge of the tunnel and then glued the leading edge piece in place using West System epoxy.