Towards the end of the night, I decided to install the "Experimental" sticker on the side of the fuselage. I like the decal because it consists of individually-cut letters as opposed to the more common clear tape looking thing with printed on black letters. I guess the small stuff excites me!

This is the flap handle and assembly. It's obviously been painted red, but I haven't started polishing the aluminum arc. Actually, it's had the first step in the process. I sanded the aluminum first with 180grit and then with 320 grit. This takes care of the bigger scratches and imperfections in the aluminum. I wish I had a true "before" picture because the transformation was pretty dramatic.

Here's the polished flap control installed in the fuselage. I like all the colors--the red against the grey and the polished aluminum with the fresh anodized AN3 hardware.

A few more pieces going in. One bite at a time, right?

I had a friend weld in a couple of 45 degree angles in my control stick. He also added in a little pipe. Also pictured is my Infinity stick grip and all its guts. It was a bit of a challenge to get all those wires and switches in the right place before screwing the halves together.

This is a basic shot of things running through the bulkhead at the front edge of the seat and the main spar carry-through. I added the hole at the left side of the seat bulkhead and the holes and unpainted doubler plates in the spar carry-through. The doublers in the spar are thick aluminum and are installed on both sides of the spar. I wanted to do everything I could to minimize any weakening of the spar.

This is the bulkhead just aft of the seatbottom. I added the 4 holes with snap bushings in order to pass wires, antenna coax and an auxiliary fuel tank fuel line from the front of the plane to the back of the plane. There are doubler plates behind the bulkhead to help replace the strength lost due to the holes.

This shows how the whole (hole) package is coming together. There were a few more wires added after this picture was taken, but it should give everyone a basic idea of what I'm up to.

Here's a close-up of my re-built pulleys for my rudder cable. In hindsight, I found that I made a mistake and used 1 size too small a cable according to AC43-13. Apparently the smallest size cable recommended for rudder cables is one size larger than what I picked. You can see the Aircraft Spruce part number--MS24566-1B. This is for the Phenolic Pulley. If you look up this part number, you might consider going one size larger to comply with the recommendations of the Advisory Circular. Honestly, I'm not concerned about it because I don't think a 950 pound airplane with a short longitudinal moment is going to overstress the cable. You are all welcome to say I told you so if a cable breaks and I go tumbling to the ground!